This website collects personal information from you.
On this website we collect information encrypt it for the highest level of protection. We do not disclose it to others other than to cloud-based applications for any purposes you would reasonably expect
If you wish, you can contact the person responsible for privacy at our contact page.
Where personal information is collected:
- It is only held while you are a customer, or for any extra period required by law.
- You are able to amend or delete your personal information held by the site by contacting us at here.
About this policy
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
As a small business, we are exempted from the operation of the Privacy Act. However, protection of your personal information that we collect is very important to us. This policy sets out how we handle any personal information we collect or receive about you.
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) can be viewed at http://www8.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdb/au/legis/cth/consol_act/pa1988108/
Our personal information handling practices
What is personal information?
We use the definition of personal information contained in s 6(1) of the Privacy Act. It states that personal information is ‘information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion’.
Collection of personal information
We try to collect personal information directly from the individual.
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our activities and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes. These purposes include:
- To provide you with information you have enquired about
- To provide you with goods you have purchased
- To provide you with services you have purchased
- When you ask to be on an email or mailing list so that we can send you information about our activities and/or publications
- When you send us information about an event you are organising for us to publicise on our website
- For normal communication processes when we might email you, text you or phone you
When you only browse the website, we do not collect your personal information.
When you look at our website, our internet service provider makes a record of your visit and logs (in server logs) the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .org, .au, etc)
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The date and time of your visit to our site
- Whether you have visited our site before
- The previous site you visited, and
- The type of browser being used. We do not identify you or your browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider’s server logs.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We disclose personal information to third parties (which may be offshore and overseas) who develop applications to help us deliver the service you would reasonably expect (e.g. third party email management software). We only use personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our activities, and we do not give it to other organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You have consented
- Wholly or partly anonymous information (information that cannot identify you as a client; e.g. your first name or initials only) for purposes of social proofing, marketing and sales
- You would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals or organisations so that, for example, a quotation or request can be emailed to you
- It is required or authorised by law
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health
- It is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
- We believe reasonably that you would benefit from other organisations’ possession of your personal information for purposes of delivering a better quality of service whether or not it directly relates to the service from which you have engaged us to act and in disclosing such information we shall endeavour to ensure the other organisations effective deletion of your personal information upon any request to do so. Other organisations may include but are not limited to real estate agents, finance brokers, banks, bank/lender representatives, settlement agents, title information brokers, the Registrar of Titles of Victoria, State Revenue Office, local councils, water authorities, building inspectors, utilities companies and/or resellers, property valuers, removalists, insurance providers or brokers, owners’ corporations and their managers.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by you that your personal information has changed.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. These steps include password protection for electronic files, encryption, securing paper files in locked cabinets and physical access restrictions.
If you choose to join our email lists, complete online forms or lodge enquiries, your contact details are stored on password-protected databases.
Deletion of data and unsubscribing
When you cease to be a member of our website, we will destroy your personal information in a secure manner or delete it. If you have not purchased goods, services or visited our website for six months we will delete your information. You can request that your personal information be deleted at any time.
You may also request us to delete any personal information we hold about you by emailing our contact person whose details are below. You may choose to opt out of further contact from us by sending us an email containing the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the title of the email.
Access and correction
If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, or request that we change that personal information, we will allow access or make the changes unless we consider that there is a sound reason to withhold the information under relevant law such as the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) (FOI Act) or other relevant information.
You can obtain further information about how to request access or changes to the information we hold about you by contacting us (see details below).
How to contact us